The Governor of Texas is allowing for the opening of Youth Sports activities starting May 31. We will follow the Governor's Health Protocol Guidelines and the recommendations of USAV.
The Gym and Texas Outlaws Volleyball will implement the following safety protocols:
- Daily cleaning and spray sanitizing of the entire building
- Cleaning/sanitizing the courts between sessions
- Cleaning/sanitizing the balls and other equipment between sessions
- Installation of hand sanitizer dispensers at the entrance of each court
- All sessions will be closed to spectators and parents (for participants entering grades 5th and under—one adult will be allowed per participant in designated area only).
- limiting the number of athletes in each gym (red, blue, gold gyms)
- The Gym will use the front entrance for drop off and side doors in the individual gyms for exiting to control the crowding in the lobby. All athletes are asked to wait in the car until practice/session time begins and exit immediately after it ends.
- all players and coaches need to wear a mask when entering the building until they begin to play
All athletes will be required to do the following:
- conduct a temperature check at home before attending a session
- stay home if the athlete or anyone they have been in contact with has a fever or are showing any symptoms of illness.
- wash their hands for 20 seconds or sanitize before and after the session.
- use hand sanitizer periodically during the session.
- follow instructions given by the coaches concerning social distancing and sanitizing during breaks.
- do not share water bottles and make sure athletes have their name on their water bottle (the water fountain will not be available)
- avoid giving high fives or having physical contact, or touching their eyes, nose, mouth, and face.
- cover their cough or sneeze with a tissue or their shirt.
**Please be aware of the enhanced risks of participants being in direct contact with anyone age 65 or older for 14 days after participating in a sport event or practice.
All parents/guardians and participants must acknowledge and agree to the guidelines above by signing an electronic waiver upon registration.